International Seminar. Performing arts practice as research. Barcelona, May 26-28, 2010
Performing arts practice as research:
Tendencies and methodologies (1990-2010)
Research on performing arts should be understood as a work of exploration that has its aim on the stablishment of original conections and aplications on the scene, from the coexistance between the academy and the profession, and trough the invention and generation of new ideas and their application on work methodologies.
These meetings, Performing arts practice as research: tendencies and methodologies (1990-2010), will open a new perspective to the question, stablishing and strengthening at the same time networks between Spain and Latin America.
Wenesday May 26
- 17:00 Presentation
- 17:30 – 19:30 Roundtable: Performing arts as research practices.
André Carreira. Federal University of Santa Catarina. Brasil. Director
Ileana Diéguez. Autonomous University of México
José Antonio Sánchez. Castilla-La Mancha University/ ARTEA. MA Performing arts and Visual Culture.
Mercè Saumell. Institut del Teatre. Barcelona
Thursday May 27
- 10:00-11:00 Beatriz Trastoy. Buenos Aires Univ: “The other senses in contemporary theatre. A methodological approach”
- 11:15-13:15 Meeting with Beatriz Catani. La Plata. Argentina Univ. Director and playwrite. Moderates Óscar Cornago
- 16:00 – 17:00: Antonio Prieto Stambaugh. University of Veracruz. México “The reverse anhropology of Pocha Nostra: performance as radical pedagogy".
- 17:15-19:15: " Around the present brazilian theater" A meeting with José Fernando Peixoto de Azevedo. Sao Paulo University. Director y dramaturge. André Carreira. Santa Catarina Univ. Director. Coordinates Óscar Cornago.
Friday May 28
- 9:30 – 10:30 Eduardo Pérez Rasilla. Carlos III Univ. of Madrid. “The stage creation as research. Research as creation".
- 10:30 -12:00: Meeting with Joan Baixas Institut del Teatre of Barcelona. Theater director. Coordinates Mercè Saumell
- 12:30-14:00: Meeting with Marcel.lí Antúnez. Artist. Barcelona. Coordinates Enric Ciurans
- 16:00-17:30: Meeting with Sara Molina . Playwright y director. Coordinates Óscar Cornago
- 18:00-19:00: Quim Pujol. Artist and critic. Barcelona: “ Criticism as creation and creation as criticism”.
Institut del Teatre
Centro de Ciencias Humanas y Sociales
Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas
Mercè Saumell, Institut del Teatre. Barcelona.
Óscar Cornago, CSIC-Madrid. ARTEA.